Pressure Washer Pumps are becoming a vital equipment for homes, offices and industries. Just like any machine, even they are subject to wear and tear or mechanical snag. You can learn how to rebuild a pressure washer pump with ease if you are into DIY.
The pump is the most important part of the unit. It is the one that helps to move the water at that speed.There can be many reasons for the malfunctioning of your pump.
Let us dive into the details of repairing a pressure washer pump.
- Look at the side of the pressure washer to locate the sight glass. It will show you the level of oil in the oil tank.
- If you see that the oil is cloudy, then use a siphon to remove it. Cloudy oil may mean that it is mixed with water. Use the oil specified for your pressure pump.
- Fill up the oil tank upto its capacity. The fill line on the sight glass will show you the level of oil.
- If you are not getting a good flow, then press the primer on the side of the pressure pump.
- In case, the pump cant hold the prime, then disconnect the discharge hose. After allowing the air to pass, you can connect the discharge hose to the pump.
- Strainers attached to the pump can also create problems when clogged. You can remove the strainer, clean it and then put it back.
- Just to be sure, take your washer pump to an authorized dealer so that they can check the seals and o-rings. Your pump will not work efficiently if the seals are damaged. Specialised dealers will have specific tools to fix those.
- The water source can cause lots of problems in the pump if it has insufficient flow. Poor water supply will not allow the pump to work efficiently. Solid impurities in dirty water can also clog the filters and damage the pump.
- Check for any leaks in your water hose. Your water hose will lose pressure if it has any leaks or cracks.
Before you think about repairing it yourself, check whether your pressure pump falls within warranty period or not. If it is, then you can call up or take it to a service dealer. If the damage is severe, they may also suggest you to replace the pump.
Most washer pumps come with a warranty period of 4 years.
You also need to make sure that you are eligible to get the warranty after checking their guidelines.
Now,If you are using a Wobble pump then you cannot repair it, you will have to replace it completely. And if it is an Axial cam pump, then you can repair the damaged parts.
We recommend you to buy good quality pressure pumps if you are going to use them regularly. Doing this may cost you more but it will give you better performance and durability.
Maintenance also plays an important role when it comes to pressure pumps. Follow the owner manual or get an e-manualonline and make sure that you follow the guidelines to take care of your washer pump.These manuals may also give suggestions as how to rebuild a pressure washer pump at home.